Monday, November 14, 2011

November 6th event for HAITI

Hello dear friends,
It has been a while, I know.  All my energy has gone into raising the money for Haiti, which means countless (literally!) hours of work emailing, contacting, picking up, organizing....you name it!

As the dead-line of Dec.15th gets closer, I am filled with emotions, some of which I am still trying to understand.  This year has had a profound effect on me, more than I can describe with the written word.  However, I will try and capture the essence of my year next month after the dead-line.  Perhaps, it will be easier to put into words when I am not thinking about the next event or action plan for Haiti.

So, a week ago Sunday (Nov.6) was one of my last events! I am overwhelmed, tired, and somehow still staying strong and persevering for a greater cause. For people that are still jobless, homeless, unskilled...and the list goes on. This article I wrote for Parvati Magazine captures who I am doing this for, and briefly how it has altered my life.
http://www.parvatimagazine.com/November2011/category/news/activism/

The event was in Richmond Hill at Jack Bengall's Dental clinic (gorgeous space!!).  Thank you so much, Jack!!
I am grateful beyond words to Elayna Bengall, Eric Benchimol and Michele Cauch for their constant support, encouragement, and never once doubting that I can indeed achieve my goal and make a change.

The event consisted of 2 yoga classes, a silent auction/raffle tickets, and the sampling of Thai massage by the talented Genia Klaiman.
As the morning began, I tried to release to whatever would unfold.  My stomach in a knot, and my body slighty numb as fear set in, and I felt these overwhelming emotions and just wanted to let it out and cry, but I knew I had to keep it together...at least till after the event was done.

As I met my Eric to head over, I received emails and texts from people who wanted to donate or bid.  Good thing I have an IPhone and could get my mail!! The reaching out of people on the morning of, stirred more emotions of GRATITUDE, and just knowing the universe has a way of providing what and when it is needed. 
The event went well.  I tried to release to grace to who ever came and participated.  This is still a challenge for me, but this year has been good for the growth in living with grace and being okay with whatever the outcome. Being okay with what is...
                      WE raised $2,000 for HAITI!!!
The money was raised with ...
*the 2 yoga classes
* Bids on donated items/services
* Raffle tickets
* Thai Massage given for donation with Genia
* Global Wristbands for Haiti that were sold for $15

I am FULL of GRATITUDE for the people that contributed to the success of this event and the ones previously held.  You are ALL part of the CHANGE, and will provide for the country and the people of Haiti! I could NOT  have done it without your support and efforts!

When I got home after dinner that evening, I couldn't hold on any longer, nor did I feel the need to, and just let it out and cried, and cried, and cried...  Never thought I  had it in me to not only be a leader but also be part of the change, and just overwhelmed with what I have achieved. It has been part of my healing journey, as my heart has opened for a greater cause, and in turn for myself and ALL that I am.

LOVE and GRACE,
Ella  xoxox
PS.  LAST EVENT, "ONE LOVE" on Dec. 10th. Stay tuned for details!:-)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing work you are doing Ella. It's amazing how u find the strength to keep pushing forward toward the goal to help complete strangers, we know you will reach it!
    Namaste

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ps. That last comment was from me, Eric :)

    ReplyDelete